Team & Player Selection
Please click the relevant link below to review our current policies applying to team selection and player placement.
It is Macleod Junior Football Club policy that all players wear mouthguards at all times when training and playing games. This is also a requirement of the Yarra Junior Football League under which all teams compete. MJFC fully supports the AFL Position Statement on mouthguards.
Social Media Policy
1. In an increasingly “Social” world, The Macleod Junior Football Club and all its members must adhere to an appropriate Social Media Policy .This Policy is intended to provide guidelines and to protect the players, officials, club members, umpires and the wider football community. We expect our members to conduct themselves appropriately when using electronic communication to share information with other members or posting material on public websites connected to the club.
2. This policy requires that an individual or individuals be held to the same standards for Social Media that they would normally and reasonably be held to in other forms or public communications.
3. All social media postings, blogs, status updates and tweets are treated as public ‘comment’. Players, officials, club members and supporters are reminded that Social Networking postings, whilst you may think they remain in a private domain can be seen by others or made public.
4. Any member using Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or others may do so.
5. Social media postings:
5.1. Must not offend, intimidate, humiliate or bully another person.
5.2. Should respect and maintain the privacy of members.
5.3. Must not bring the club into disrepute.
6. Comments, videos or accusations that can be deemed improper, intimidating, racist, sexist or degrading are strictly prohibited when the content involved is of an Australian Rules Football nature or has any reference to the Macleod Junior Football Club.
7. Should you wish to upload comment or video clip vision that involves a club member or club or League or League officials that you are unsure if it could be deemed improper, intimidating, racist, sexist or degrading? Seek approval from The Committee so as to not breach this policy.
8. Only members of The Executive Committee may post to any Social Media in the Name of Macleod Junior Football Club.
Alcohol Management Policy
The Alcohol Management Policy aims to provide a basis for the responsible use of alcohol by the Macleod Junior Football Club. The club recognises the importance in holding a liquor license, in the value it adds to the club, enabling it to generate income and hold social functions. In doing so, the club also accepts the responsibilities and expectations of the community, in strictly adhering to the liquor licensing laws.
To ensure the aims of MJFC are upheld, the following requirements will apply when alcohol is served at the club or during a club function.
Alcohol will be served accordingly to the legal and moral requirments of the club’s Liquor License with the safety and well being of patrons, the priority.
– The club maintains a current appropriate Liquor License
– Only RSA trained servers will serve alcohol
– Bar servers do not consume alcohol when on duty
– The club does not encourage excessive or rapid consumption of alcohol
– When serving non pre-packaged alcohol standard drink measures will be served at all times
– Information posters about standard drink measures will be displayed at the bar
– Names of RSA trained bar staff will be displayed
– An incident register shall be maintained and any incident recorded
– Alcohol will not be served to any person who is intoxicated or drunk
– Servers will follow RSA training procedures when refusing service
– Drunk patrons will be asked to leave the premises
– Alcohol will not be served to persons aged under 18
– Servers and committee members will ask for proof of age whenever necessary or whenever in doubt. Only photo ID’s will be accepted